[Oberlist] DE* call/proj: Platforma 11 - art, politics and education

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Sat May 14 00:56:00 CEST 2011

We would like to invite you to participate in the international and
interdisciplinary project week Platforma 11. Our aim is to create an one
week lasting OPEN SPACE process, in which an international group of young
people reflects on the topics “art, politics and education” and their
relationship to one another.

http://www.platforma11.net

As Platforma 11 takes place in the German cities of Leipzig, Halle (Saale)
and Markkleeberg, the public space as well as city structures could be
taken as a basis of international comparison and might bring up thematic
complexes about phenomenon’s of urban and peripheral spaces (such as
segregation and gentrification processes, precariousness, migration,
racism, sexism and gender discourses) Approximately fifty young
international people (Focus: Russia, Eastern Europe and Germany) with
interdisciplinary approaches will be working together and will be
organizing workshops, panels and lectures as well as exhibitions,
concerts, performances and interventions during the project week.

Topics

Platforma 11 is a process without pre-defined events and topics. The
Platforma 11 working groups will constitute themselves through the
Platforma 11-wiki, where statements of all participants will be published.
You can also add your own topics there and discuss questions, ideas and
approaches.Platforma 11 aims to work on
> the development of new approaches to an artistic, political and
educational practice,
> possibilities for independent, alternative and non-commercial project work
> strategies for self-empowerment and self-organisation.
> concepts for networking platforms, which provide the sharing
opportunities for knowledge, experience, any kind of (educational)
material, ideas and ambitions
> a sustainable network for an ongoing co-working process
A primary concern of Platforma 11 is an interdisciplinary and
international cooperative work of 25 German and 25 international
participants who share und bring in their individual abilities,
experiences and interests in various working groups. The participants will
be working together in performances and interventions during the project
week and might create new tools and techniques for societal participation.

Platforma 11 is meant to be a long-term process continued in the evolving
international networks. The idea behind the project is based on previous
events like „Dialogue of Cultures“ and „Vostok Forum“ in Northern Russia.
Hence Platforma 11 aims at a continuation of these projects within an
extended network, while it wants to initiate new processes.

*The organiser will provide travel costs, accomodation, the
project/exhibition space and the equipment (within the realms of
possibility).

September 10th to 19th 2011
in Leipzig, Halle / Saale
and Markkleeberg
Germany

Who may apply?

Everyone who is involved in politics, culture, arts, science, networking
and education, i.e. political educators and activists, all sorts of
artists, theatre producers and actors, curators and art mediators,
academics of all humanist and natural disciplines, theorists and
practitioners, musicians and filmmakers, hackers, writers and anyone who
may be interested and who is younger than 35.

How to apply?

You can apply (in english) until May 15th 2011 using our application form
[Download]. In mid-June the selected participants will be invited to the
Platforma 11-wiki, where the OPEN SPACE process starts. Please include a
personal statement on the structure of art / education / politics and some
additional information about your own projects (please only
webpresentations or links) Tell us where / how / if you are involved or
would like to get involved in the fields of art / education / politics –
no matter if it is just one field! Give us an idea of the projects you are
already involved in or you would like work for, and in what kind of
networks you are participating. This information will be published on the
Platforma 11-wiki to get to know all participants, to initiate the
co-working process and to prepare the project week.

Contact
http://www.platforma11.net
info A T platforma11.net

--
Moldova Young Artists Association "Oberliht"
http://oberliht.com