[oberlist] WEB# source: Communization and its Discontents

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Mon Jan 2 06:29:58 CET 2012

Subject: [transversal] Communization and its Discontents
From:    "Stevphen Shukaitis" <stevphen at autonomedia.org>
Date:    Thu, November 24, 2011 11:51 am
To:      transversal-list at eipcp.net

This might be interesting for folks looking for a conceptual analysis of
some of the key debates that have been taking place across a number of
the occupation movements... cheers, stevphen

Communization and its Discontents: Contestation, Critique, and
Contemporary Struggles
Edited by Benjamin Noys

Can we find alternatives to the failed radical projects of the twentieth
century? What are the possible forms of struggle today? How do we fight
back against the misery of our crisis-ridden present?

‘Communization’ is the spectre of the immediate struggle to abolish
capitalism and the state, which haunts Europe, Northern California and
wherever the real abstractions of value that shape our lives are
contested. Evolving on the terrain of capitalism new practices of the
‘human strike’, autonomous communes, occupation and insurrection have
attacked the alienations of our times. These signs of resistance are
scattered and have yet to coalesce, and their future is deliberately
precarious and insecure.

Bringing together voices from inside and outside of these currents
Communization and Its Discontents treats communization as a problem to
be explored rather than a solution. Taking in the new theorizations of
communization proposed by Tiqqun and The Invisible Committee, Théorie
Communiste, post-autonomists, and others, it offers critical reflections
on the possibilities and the limits of these contemporary forms,
strategies, and tactics of struggle.

Contributors: Jasper Bernes, John Cunningham, Endnotes, Alexander R.
Galloway, Maya Andrea Gonzalez, Anthony Iles, Leon de Mattis, Nicole
Pepperell, Théorie Communiste, Alberto Toscano, Marina Vishmidt, and
Evan Calder Williams.

PDF freely available online: http://www.minorcompositions.info/?p=299
ISBN 978-1-57027-231-8
Release date November 30th, 2011.

Released by Minor Compositions, Wivenhoe / New York / Port Watson
Minor Compositions is a series of interventions & provocations drawing
from autonomous politics, avant-garde aesthetics, and the revolutions of
everyday life.

Minor Compositions is an imprint of Autonomedia
www.minorcompositions.info | minorcompositions at gmail.com

--
Moldova Young Artists Association "Oberliht"
http://oberliht.com