[oberlist] ARTMargins -- Call for Papers

Octavian Esanu octavian.esanu at duke.edu
Tue Jan 10 19:39:25 CET 2012

ARTMargins - Call for Papers

ARTMargins is a new journal on global art practice published by the MIT Press. ARTMargins will foster awareness and conversation about contemporary art in an expanded field of practices that engage current global socio-political transformations. Within the fabric of a present moment characterized by different, and often incompatible, temporalities and agendas, ARTMargins wants to locate transnational commonalities and trajectories that connect, or divide, different regions of the world, bringing together artistic practices from (post-) transitional zones, while at the same time questioning the logic of transition itself.

ARTMargins invites researchers and practitioners to critically reflect on what we call the “thickened global margin,” encompassing historical, geographical as well as philosophical or theoretical post-peripheries. We are interested in full-length articles (maximum 8000 words), review articles (max. 3000 words) as well as short reviews of books and exhibitions (1000 words).

For submission information, please contact our managing editor

(managing.ed.artmargins at gmail.com) or visit the publications website: http://www.mitpressjournals.org/page/loi/artm