[oberlist] invitation to Res Artis Regional Meeting in Vilnius and Nida (Art Colony)

Vytautas Michelkevicius / VDA Nida Art Colony vytautasmi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 22:47:01 CEST 2014

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to the regional Res Artis (worldwide
network of artist residencies, www.resartis.org) meeting in Vilnius
and Nida on the 2-5 October 2014. The region we will cover is Baltic
countries (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania), Central Asia (Kazakhstan,
Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan), Eastern partnership
countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine),
Nordic countries (Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, Iceland, Norway,
Sweden), and Russian Federation.

The meeting is devoted to two main topics: the phenomenon of
remoteness and the role of residencies. Within the first topic
residency as escape, exotic location, and cultural tourism hub will be
discussed. Within the second we will look at the residencies’ level of
engagement in the art world, local community, education and research,
as well as diversity of residency results (production) and their
evaluation.

In its format the meeting will fall between a conference and a
knowledge sharing event for residency managers, curators and artists.
We expect 70-90 art professionals from the region and elsewhere to
come for the meeting. The meeting is organised and hosted by Nida Art
Colony of the Vilnius Academy of Arts.

For further information on the meeting and its programme pls. see
http://www.resartis.org/en/meetings/regional_meetings/2014_-_vilnius_and_nida/

Early bird registration expires Aug 10. Registration fee for Res Artis
members is 90 EUR, non-Res Artis members 120 EUR. The organisers are
offering financial support for participants coming from the target
region (pls. see the conditions here:
http://www.resartis.org/en/meetings/regional_meetings/2014_-_vilnius_and_nida/registration_and_fees/financial_support)
. Deadline to apply for financial support is July
13.

We would like to make the meeting a lively dialogue between the former
Soviet Union and the Nordic Countries, between experienced residencies
and beginners, between partners to be and colleagues. The organisers
think that professional dialogue is the most meaningful way to cope
with the changing geopolitical situation and hope to offer good
grounds for new collaborations.

Please, share this information with your colleagues. We would
appreciate your help in spreading the information in the targeted
region.

--
geriausi iš Nidos / best sun from Nida,

dr. Vytautas Michelkevičius
meno direktorius / artistic director
tel. +370 662 45216

Vilniaus dailės akademijos Nidos meno kolonija /
Nida Art Colony of Vilnius Academy of Arts
Taikos g. 43, Neringa (Nida), Lithuania
www.nidacolony.lt
http://www.facebook.com/NidaArtColony
http://vimeo.com/nidacolony

Vilniaus dailės akademija / Vilnius Academy of Arts
Maironio g. 6, Vilnius
www.vda.lt