[Oberlist] SI* Radost obrata ? - Joy of revolt ?: call to all active groups and individuals from near and far

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Mar Feb 19 15:04:35 CET 2008

--
Moldova Young Artists Association "Oberliht"
http://www.oberliht.org.md
.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

Subject: Radical-europe Digest, Vol 12, Issue 29
From:    radical-europe-request la listes.agora.eu.org
Date:    Tue, February 19, 2008 15:51
To:      radical-europe la listes.agora.eu.org

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 05:55:49 -0800 (PST)
From: Josip Rotar <josip_rotar la yahoo.com>
Subject: [Radical-europe] call to joy of revolt in maribor 3-4 march 2008

CALL TO ALL ACTIVE GROUPS AND INDIVIDUALS FROM NEAR AND FAR

  Radost obrata ? - Joy of revolt ?

  3-4 March 2008, Maribor, Slovenia

  On 03 and 04 of March 2008, a multi-vitamin festival of free exchange,
called ?Radost obrata 3/4? (Joy of revolt 3/4), will be held in Maribor.
The festival will host numerous active individuals and groups from
different parts of Europe, who are all, each in their own way, fighting
bio-political and eco-social catastrophes, brought on by the neoliberal
and nationalist ideologies.

  Nationalism, mixed with religious poison and neoliberal excuses about
social progress, is an implicit threat for the life of every critical,
open-minded and advanced individual.  Everyday experiences of the 21
Century reality show us that old world views are outdated and obsolete.
Those who hold the power are no longer capable of solving today?s
problems, so they (and their disciples) rely more and more on false
pretences, lies, deceits, wars, media manipulation, crisis,
blame-shifting and looking for scapegoats, as tactics of
problem-solving.

  Our festival wishes to bring together as many views as possible;
different experiences will serve as a tool for the struggle against the
system reproducing inequality, slavery, dependency, sexism, racism, war,
intolerance? We believe this exchange with similar organizations will
open new possibilities and opportunities for our fight for equality on a
local level. And we firmly believe that a marginalized and excluded
minority can become a majority fighting for the cause.

  Every turn of wheels in this process gives new impetus; every new
impetus is new joy. Some are seeking for mechanisms to set these wheels
in motion in the academic and theoretical field, others in building a
community, street actions, digital networking? The common denominators
here are selflessness, solidarity, exchange, creativity of revolting,
direct actions, DIY?  Our fight is the personification of a wild cat,
queer creative power, and of chlorophyl. We are pink, black & green
generation.

  A lot of subjects interest us, but at the same time we are aware of the
pressing time-frame of the event. Two days aren?t a lot when it comes to
such a vast subject matter, so we set up the following agenda for the
festival:

  - Digital tools (new ways of networking and information exchange, and
its use for connecting our communities/groups)

   - Decentralized Balkan network (possibilities for further development
of our connecting in the Balkans, as well as further)

  - Zeroeth transnational (the idea of an ideological-symbolical platform
of 21. Century movements)

  - Migrations (experiences from struggles against Centres for foreigners
and the migration system that treats migrants as a ?security threat?)

  - Militarism (dismantling of NATO and its bases, Europe?s exodus from
militaristic colonialist pacts)

  - Energy (beyond criticising EU?s destructive climate and energy
package, our talks will revolve around possibilities of energy renewal,
and it?s potential as a fertile base for social mobilization and
creativity)

  - Precarity (struggles against precarity, the system of chronic social
instability, and inequality)

  - New secularism (beyond sovereignty of national states; if it?s
achieved by capital, how can it be achieved by people, too?)

  - Topics and invitation to the next PGA european conference in Greece
(august 2008)

  These are only some of the subjects we would like to include in our
debates; the agenda is not set in stone, and can be expanded if
necessary, since we would like to see as many people as possible
participating in discussions. Our aim is to bring together different
experiences, exchange ideas, and open up new aspects of our common
cause. We want Maribor to become a meeting-ground of heretic, critical,
open-minded and progressive thought.

  For practical reasons, the debates will be held in English, and will be
followed by informal social activities (i.e. partying till early
morning!).

  If you plan to participate and need a place to sleep, please contact us
in advance (at radostobrata la gmail.com).

  The official start of the festival will be on Monday, 03. 03. 2008, at
17:00 in Gustaf hall in Pekarna, Ob ?eleznici 8, Maribor

  These are web pages of collectives involved in meeting preparation:
  http://radostobrata.blogspot.com/
  http://infoshok.wordpress.com/
  http://www.pekarna.org/
  http://www.zofijini.net/