[Oberlist] DE* the cult squat K?PI in Berlin will stay !!

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Vin Mar 14 01:15:26 CET 2008

--
Moldova Young Artists Association "Oberliht"
http://www.oberliht.org.md
.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

Subject: Radical-europe Digest, Vol 13, Issue 19
From:    radical-europe-request la listes.agora.eu.org
Date:    Thu, March 13, 2008 03:38
To:      radical-europe la listes.agora.eu.org

Message: 5
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 02:43:25 +0100
From: Marina <liaphine la googlemail.com>
Subject: [Radical-europe] K?PI Berlin Stays !!!

---> translated from the K?PI Site:
*

> *K?PI, *

the cult squat K?PI in Berlin will stay !!

Good news from the autonomous scene in Berlin.
After the auction of the building in May 2007 and the shortly after
following cancellation of the rental agreement, the situation has been
totally unclear for months. But meanwhile the situation has changed, some
concrete facts are available.

It has been possible, even tho the condition have been hard, to get into
proceedings with the owner of the building and to ensure a survival
of the K?PI as living and cultural Project.

The original approach in the proceedings was the idea to inherit the entire
building complex in long term and autonomy, for example as leasehold.
This solution failed due the principal creditor, who still got vast power of
veto, to use this as usual against the interests of the K?PI.
Therefore we concentrated our diplomatic efforts on a explicit affirmation
or extension of the existing rental contract.

As result, the proprietor of the K?PI has, punctual to the 18 th Birthday of
the Porject, extended the rental contracts with existing conditions for all
rooms in the ground floor for the next 30 years.

The cancellation of May 2007 has been taken back. Consequently there are no
further unsettled legal positions for the entire ground of the building. All
rooms, as well the garden and the yard have specific operative rental
contracts.

Those contracts will allow us the continuance of the K?PI in foreseeable
time, without that we have to lower our sights on the concept to offer
affordable living and cultural space.

Our concept " the K?PI stays - namely how it is !" was never and will never
be negotiable !

This interim success wouldn't have been possible without the amazing support
we received from thousands of friends from all over the world.

Only the manifold support, the demos, the solidarity actions, donations and
the massive public pressure have given us a fairly strong position in the
negotiations with the owner, to avoid the already scheduled eviction.

We want to thank all the supporters in our struggle - we wouldn't have made
it without you !!

Thanks For All The Support ? We Will Never Forget It !

But even tho the immediate eviction could be avoided, it doesn't mean that
we can relax.

The long-dated situation of the trailer site is still not clear. Indeed
there is a interim contract of toleration with the owner, but we couldn't
achieve a long-term contractual protection by, for example, a contract of
lease. Consequently there can't be a acute eviction, but in case the owner
of the  K?PI will change again, the next conflict will be preassigned. We
have to keep observant.

Even tho we sign a partial success,  keep yourselves informed and turn up to
the action days end of may and show the public that it's not going to be
possible to erase a Project such as the K?PI from the cityscape.

Moreover we have to show solidarity to all the other Freespaces in this
city, which are endangered of eviction. As there is the situation of the
"Rigaer94", the "XB-Liebig" and the "schwarze kanal" furthermore critical.

With the example K?PI we've seen that massive public pressure can change
things. We see the temporary rescue of the building only as a partial
victory in the struggle of the preservation of left free spaces.
Participate the days of free spaces the 11 and 12 April !
Turn up to the K?PI Action days from 30th May to 2nd June !
Stress the "commerzbank" !
Rigaer, Xb, Schwarze Kanal and others - THEY STAY !!
Ungdomshuset will be reborn !
Enforce left Fresspaces !